NEW! My interview discussing design, workflows, and joining Included Health →
Vision-driven change agent with a career-long record of digital marketing and creative success for leading organizations.
GRANDROUNDS / INCLUDED HEALTH, SAN FRANCISCO,CA , OCTOBER 2019 TO PRESENT
STAFF PRODUCT DESIGNER, OCTOBER 2019 to Present
- Closely partner with marketing and Biz Dev to develop and implement a consistent/modular design language and system across all clients
- Run preliminary internal accessibility audits to inform our baseline perception of our accessibility score before sourcing and partnering with an outside consultant.
- Work with the GH/IH Care Team to design, test, and launch a Telehealth product during the beginning and height of the Covid-19 pandemic with minimal time and resources.
- Co-run focus groups with the goal of understanding the unique needs of Black people in healthcare navigation, primary care, and behavioral health to shape our future products and services for the Black Community. The BCIC includes the following seven customers: Genentech, State Farm, Medtronic, Accenture, Walmart, Best Buy, and Target.
- Build and own a framework for a workflow that holds accessibility and inclusivity as core components while simultaneously finding opportunities to serve our special needs community to better ensure that everyone has the same level and opportunity for a high level of health equity.
ZOOSK, SAN FRANCISCO,CA , OCTOBER 2015 TO OCTOBER 2019
Art Direction Lead/ Sr. Product Designer, January 2016 to October 2019
- Led and managed the Zoosk Profile redesign, which boosted profile views and interactions.
- Presented the journey of the Profile redesign and app refactoring at SF Design Week 2018
- Art Directed Zoosk marketing creative to move the brand forward and bridge the gap between marketing and product.
- Held bi-monthly meetups with designers to have portfolio reviews and mentorship sessions
- Led the art direction on a guerilla campaign for our sister product, Lively with Muni.
- Consolidated our 300+ Landing pages to a manageable number while also facilitating the move to a more stable hosting platform in under a month.
- Led the art direction for Zoosk’s brand moving into 2018
- Introduced new technology such as Machine learning into the platform in a way that adds value for our users and well as our business
Sr. Product Designer, January 2015 to 2017
- Customize user experience over multiple platforms by developing marketing materials to solidify the company’s identity.
- Develop creative for three departments: UX, product, and marketing.
- Modernized and revamped the website, increasing user signups by 15% in the first 2 weeks.
- Reengineered the in-app paywall to reflect a more compelling value-add.
- Investigated emerging and innovative trends to develop the creative engine continuously.
- Cooperated on design strategies with the marketing team.
- Spearheaded ongoing digital A/B and multivariate testing strategy to increase click-through and conversion rates of advertisement and landing pages through thoughtful design iteration.
KENWOOD EXPERIENCES, SAN FRANCISCO,CA , AUGUST 2011 TO OCTOBER 2015
Sr. Visual Designer / Art Director
- Completed and delivered projects to Fortune 500 companies, including Adobe, NASCAR, Dell, Deep Silver, and Square Enix.
- Directed creative teams to generate both national and international campaigns.
- Oversaw 30-second television ads and creative product packaging.
- Steered teams in developing, designing, and producing brand-extending and cross-channel campaigns.
- Ideated innovative concepts, directed photo art, and produced sketches.
EMI, OCTOBER 2009 TO OCTOBER 2014
Sr. Visual Designer / Art Director
- Guided design team on website architecture, television slates, direct mail, print ads, and bold outdoor signage.
- Coached and mentored junior design staﬀ and freelance vendors.
- Liaised with copywriter and design manager on concepts for monthly campaigns.
- Administered and designed internal creative materials, collateral and promotional ads.
- Partnered with the executive team to draw out a vision for company marketing strategies.
As creative partners on several projects, I was absolutely impressed with David's ability to consider – and balance – strategic components, creative concepts and practical implementations. It was also impressive to watch him (over a period of his first month as the Creative Director) manage a very important and complex marketing campaign through countless board presentations and shifts in strategy. Also, these “big picture” skills are only matched by a keen eye and a real attention to detail. David's commitment to work is proved by the results he brings to the table.
- Yen Burrows
See what others have to say on Linkedin
Education and credentials
Duke Ellington School of the Arts, Washington, D.C, 2006
- Featured in “My Morning Routine “A guide to the early morning habits that boost your productivity and relax you—featuring interviews with leaders like Arianna Huffington, GeneralStanley McChrystal, Marie Kondo, and more.
- Design Mentor, Mentor Night, Cascade SF 2017 - Present
- Charity & Nonprofit Brand Experience Consultant - Present
- Speaker, Design Week SF 2018 “Product Design and Development Under Uncertainty“
- Speaker, Designing for VR, AIGA 2016
- Web Developer, Ruby’s Place, July 2015