Vision-driven change agent with career-long record of digital marketing, and creative success for leading organizations
ZOOSK, SAN FRANCISCO,CA , OCTOBER 2015 TO PRESENT
ART DIRECTION LEAD / PRODUCT DESIGNER, January 2018 to Present
- Led and managed the Zoosk Profile redesign which boosted profile views and interactions.
- Presented the journey of the Profile redesign and app refactoring at SF Design Week 2018
- Art Directed Zoosk marketing creative to move the brand forward and bridging the gap between marketing and product.
- Held bi-monthly meetups with designers to hold portfolio reviews and mentorship sessions
- Led the art direction on a guerilla campaign for our sister product Lively with Muni
- Consolidated our 300+ Landing pages to a manageable number while also facilitating the move to amore stable hosting platform in under a month.
- Led the art direction for Zoosk’s brand moving into 2018
- Introduced new technology such as Machine learning into the platform in a way that adds value forour users and well as our business
SR. BRAND EXPERIENCE DESIGNER, January 2016 to 2018
- Customize user experience over multiple platforms by developing marketing materials to solidify the company’s identity.
- Develop creative for three departments: UX, product and marketing.
- Modernized and revamped the website which increased user signups by 15% in the first 2 weeks.
- Reengineered the in-app pay wall to reflect a more compelling value-add.
SR. VISUAL DESIGNER, October 2015 to January 2016
- Investigated emerging and innovative trends to develop the creative engine continuously.
- Cooperated on design strategies with the marketing team.
- Spearheaded ongoing digital A/B and multivariate testing strategy to increase click-through and conversion rates of advertisement and landing pages through thoughtful design iteration.
KENWOOD EXPERIENCES, SAN FRANCISCO,CA , AUGUST 2011 TO OCTOBER 2015
SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
- Completed and delivered projects to Fortune 500 companies including Adobe, NASCAR, Dell, Deep Silverand Square Enix.
- Directed creative teams to generate both national and international campaigns.
- Oversaw 30-second television ads and creative product packaging.
- Steered teams in development, design and production of brand-extending and cross-channel campaigns.
- Ideated innovative concepts, directed photo art, and produced sketches.
EMI, OCTOBER 2009 TO OCTOBER 2014
VISUAL DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR
- Guided design team on website architecture, television slates, direct mail, print ads and bold outdoor signage.
- Coached and mentored junior design staffs and freelancers.
- Liaised with copywriter and design manager on concepts for monthly campaigns.
- Administered and designed internal creative materials, collateral and promotional ads.
- Partnered with the executive team to draw out a vision for company marketing strategies.
As creative partners on several projects, I was absolutely impressed with David's ability to consider – and balance – strategic components, creative concepts and practical implementations. It was also impressive to watch him (over a period of his first month as the Creative Director) manage a very important and complex marketing campaign through countless board presentations and shifts in strategy. Also, these “big picture” skills are only matched by a keen eye and a real attention to detail. David's commitment to work is proved by the results he brings to the table.
- Yen Burrows
See what others have to say on Linkedin
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Duke Ellington School of the Arts, Washington, D.C, 2006
- Featured in “My Morning Routine “A guide to the early morning habits that boost yourproductivity and relax you—featuring interviews with leaders like Arianna Huffington, GeneralStanley McChrystal, Marie Kondo, and more.
- Speaker, Design Week SF 2018 “Product Design and Development Under Uncertainty“
- Design Mentor, Mentor Night, Cascade SF 2017
- Speaker, Designing for VR, AIGA 2016
- Web Developer, Ruby’s Place, July 2015
- Charity & Nonprofit Brand Experience Consultant, www.damgoodwork.com, ongoing